Field Guide To Dumb Birds Of North America
A humorous look at 50 common North American dumb birds: For those who have a disdain for birds or bird lovers with a sense of humor, this snarky, illustrated handbook is equal parts profane, funny, and—let's face it—true.
Featuring common North American birds, such as the White-Breasted Butt Nugget and the Goddamned Canada Goose (or White-Breasted Nuthatch and Canada Goose for the layperson), Matt Kracht identifies all the idiots in your backyard and details exactly why they suck with humorous, yet angry, ink drawings. With The Field Guide to Dumb Birds of North America, you won't need to wonder what all that racket is anymore!
• Each entry is accompanied by facts about a bird's (annoying) call, its (dumb) migratory pattern, its (downright tacky) markings, and more.
• The essential guide to all things wings with migratory maps, tips for birding, musings on the avian population, and the ethics of birdwatching.
• Matt Kracht is an amateur birder, writer, and illustrator who enjoys creating books that celebrate the humor inherent in life's absurdities. Based in Seattle, he enjoys gazing out the window at the beautiful waters of Puget Sound and making fun of birds.
"There are loads of books out there for bird lovers, but until now, nothing for those that love to hate birds. The Field Guide to Dumb Birds of North America fills the void, packed with snarky illustrations that chastise the flying animals in a funny, profane way. " – Uncrate
A humorous animal book with 50 common North American birds for people who love birds and also those who love to hate birds
• A perfect coffee table or bar top conversation-starting book
• Makes a great Mother's Day, Father's Day, birthday, or retirement gift
Free standard shipping on orders over $75
Orders over $75 receive free priority USPS shipping. All orders ship out same day Monday through Friday if they are placed before 4:00p. In most cases, your order is packed, shipped and dropped off at the post office within the hour by one of our owners or team members.
Any orders received after 4:00p on Friday and before 11:00a on Saturday will be sent out on Saturday morning prior to the post office closing at noon. Any orders after those cutoffs will be shipped out first thing in the morning the following business day. We ship all items via USPS as the post office is one door down from our shop. Once your order is shipped, you will receive an automated tracking number (keep an eye on your junk/spam folder) to the email provided and your item will be walked next door to the post office by an owner or team member.